You call me a sentimental fool! And I would gladly accept it :) For that is how I have been for the last few days. Rather, circumstances have forced me to be one.
Was it just a couple of days ago that I was cribbing about friends drifting away once they are committed? Well, now things seem to be changing. I am looking at things now in an entirely different perspective. I do not know what to attribute this change to – is it just that one long chat or is it just because I am a bit more grown up? I hope it is the former. I just don’t want to grow any older.
Yeah about the sudden change in my perception!!!! Well, the day before was such a beautiful day. In fact brilliant in every sense! Managed to watch a beautiful movie :) Lage Raho Munnabhai!! And keep coming to us with better movies every time!!!!
What followed after the movie was one of the best days in recent times. It could have been all the more better if the fourth person was there. Nevertheless, that one day kind of asserted the fact 10 years is too long a time for anything to change. We might feel disturbed by the turn of things. We might get hurt at times. But the friendship remains the same. Probably what Arch said was right – We take the others for granted. But what the hell – Aren’t we the best of friends?
I started off meaning to write a lot of things, but now I am stuck. Probably it is the effect of AB singing in the background :) Anyways, back to Saturday…
I always knew that talking with friends is magical. In more situations than one, just plain talking has pulled me out of severe depressions, made me feel like I was cloud nine. But Saturday was so much fun. Ash was comical; Deep’s stories were total horror for us :) !!!
And the subject came back to Ash’s shopping… Well, we have a hell of a reason to shop… After all, it is “My Best Friend’s Wedding” :) Nothing to do with the movie though… Definitely not :) :) Arch was sorely missed. We would have loved to take her inputs and views on astrology, commitment, groom hunt, marriage, shopping, well the list continues… :)
At the end of the whole day, one thing stood out – no matter how much I get pessimistic, bonds developed over the year cannot disappear. All of us change with time. We meet new people, we make new friends, and we will have new people to talk to in our lives. Most of the time, we get so possessive of our friends that we are just not ready to let anyone else in their lives. We crib when that happens. We complain. But when we are all together, that magical feeling surpasses everything else. For you know that though there are new people, you will always remain. It is not like you are thrown out. It is just that you will have to learn to make some way for the others. Is this what we call growing up? If this is growing up, I wouldn’t really mind. But if growing up is giving up, I wouldn’t want to enter that phase ever in my life!!!
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment