Saturday, March 01, 2008

It has become a ritual now. Every time I start writing something in this place, I invariably have to start off with - 'I know it has been long since I wrote anything here'. So henceforth, I have decided to give up on myself. I just cant expect myself to write something regularly.
I was reading Archana's posts and all of a sudden, I realized that it has been so very long since I landed in this country. I know it has been a year and a month or so. Somehow it never felt that long and right now, I don't even feel like I am in another country. Madison is another home now... And it is good fun... But I know I still crib... As I say, cribbing is my birthright and I shall have it :)
I am going back on a vacation in April. The trip is only for 3 weeks but I have so many things to look forward to this time. The house warming, Ash's engagement, meeting Archana's husband, meeting Neema's fiance, catching up on all the gossip... The list seems endless....
But I also know that I am getting into a life that will be completely different from what it was a year ago. Not really at home per se, but just the way life has changed for my closest friends in India. Arch is married, Neema is engaged and Ash is going to be engaged. Seems weird because you can no longer demand all their time. It is not going to be like old times when I would just call Neema and meet her at the IISc or call up Archana and scold her for not being in touch or not like how me and Ash would roam around comm street jst for the heck of it. I know it is hard to digest, but I guess I will just have to learn that life just moves on and we have to move on with that.
But I am really excited about the new house. It has always been a dream to live in a house of our own that is constructed according to our ideas and needs. That is not going to happen now for me. But atleast others are going to enjoy the house and the house seems to be brilliantly designed. If only I could be in India to decorate the house, it would have been so much more fun.
Living in US has been good. It has taught me to be much more independent. I have learnt to be more responsible financially and I have learnt to save something atleast. And I really want to come back and travel around a bit more before returning home for good. I wouldnt realy know when I can come back once I leave this time for good.
Right now the only thing that I can think of is going home... Shopping for India trip.... Meeting friends... catching up on the new people in my friends' life.... It is going to be a heck of a trip.... And it is just a month away!!!
This one goes out to a wonderful year in Madison.... to all the oldies and the newbies in their lives... to the new friends here who are quite wonderful..... and to an exciting trip to India soon....
This time I will surely be back.... For I will have so much to say about India.... :)

No comments: